New Clients Welcome!
My name is Abigail Ballaban, and I am happy to bring acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine to Portland, Oregon. I am Nationally Board Certified by the NCCAOM as a Diplomate of Oriental Medicine to practice Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs. I am the Licensed Acupuncturist and the owner of ASK Acupuncture. In addition to serving as a general practitioner in acupuncture, my specialties are:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine and needle-free neurodiversity affirming treatments for Autistic clients or clients with ADHD
- Maternal care (prenatal and postnatal) and women’s health issues related to fertility, pregnancy, or menopause
- Pediatric care (infancy through young adulthood)
- Chronic pain management and acute pain relief due to injuries from auto, bike, and other accidents
- Vision loss and eye health – Chinese Medical Ophthalmology to treat glaucoma or macular degeneration
- Healing trauma and using essential oils for emotional distress
Needle-free services are available in my clinic for facials, acupressure, shiatsu, quantum shiatsu, pediatric acupressure, moxibustion, or cupping.
I am a Board Certified Chinese medicinal herbalist providing Chinese formulas of the highest quality for various health conditions.
Some of the needle-free services, such as acupressure and Qi Gong, are available via telemedicine during the pandemic for your comfort and convenience.
I strive to create a healing and calm space for everyone who walks into my clinic — I want you to feel better and to become empowered in your health and well-being. I regularly coordinate care with your primary care physician, pediatrician, or other medical providers as needed. Acupuncture points stimulate the central nervous system. This, in turn, releases chemicals into the muscles, spinal cord, and brain. These biochemical changes then stimulate the body’s natural healing abilities and promote physical and emotional well-being.
I pride myself on offering my patients a path towards a more balanced lifestyle through the practice of Chinese medicine. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to learn more about my services – book your free phone consultation online by clicking below. Enjoy my blog articles and review my testimonials. I hope to see you in my clinic!