The fee for the initial appointment is $125 and the fee for the regular treatment session is $100.
Additional fees may be charged for specialized services.
- Payment is required at the start of each session
- Cash, check and all major credit cards are accepted
- Cancellations made less than 24 hours ahead of the session are charged the full session fee
Insurance Coverage for Motor Vehicle Accidents
If you need acupuncture in connection with a auto accident, please note that Oregon auto insurance (PIP – Personal Injury Protection) covers post-accident care, including acupuncture and massage, at no cost to you, up to a certain amount, depending on the coverage. In Oregon, your auto insurance typically covers up to $15,000 of your medical expenses that result from a car accident injury. See www.oregon.gov/odot/dmv/pages/driverid/insurance.aspx.
If you would like to use your insurance’s Out-of-Network (OON) coverage, you may request a receipt to submit for reimbursement (superbill). Full payment is still required at the start of your session, and the reimbursement would come to you directly from your insurance company. If you do submit an OON claim to your insurance, Ask Acupuncture LLC takes no responsibility for pursuing that claim or for your insurance company’s reimbursement decision: OON claims are entirely between you and your insurance company.
If you would like to explore this option further, check with your insurance company about your Out-of-Network coverage for acupuncture services prior to seeking services:
- Is there a deductible that must be met prior to receiving benefits for out-of-network acupuncture services? Once the deductible is met, what are the benefits for out-of-network acupuncture services?
- Are there any limits to reimbursement? Examples may include: a maximum amount reimbursed per session, or a limit on the number of sessions allowed.
Using FSA or HSA
You may also be able to use a Flex Spending Account (FSA) or a Health Savings Account (HSA) to pay for acupuncture.